When it first opened its doors in 1970, the Center for Addiction Treatment (CAT) offered a unique viewpoint on addiction. Its members firmly believed addiction was a disease to be treated, not a moral failing to be punished.
While this belief is widely accepted today, that wasn’t always the case; CAT was ahead of its time.
CAT has remained a leader in the treatment of addiction, providing modern scientific approaches to the assessment and medical care of patients with addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling.
What sets CAT apart
- Recovery is within reach – using the best tools available in this region, CAT makes recovery personally attainable for any patient by offering affordable access to care that is close in proximity to anywhere in the Tristate.
- Patients have access to both residential and intensive outpatient services, including a dedicated physician and 24/7 access to professionally trained nursing staff.
- Patients benefit from the only non-hospital-based medically monitored detox between Pendleton County, KY and Columbus, OH.
- CAT’s medication-assisted treatment program for opiate dependent patients utilizes FDA approved medications including Suboxone® and Vivitrol®. These medications are used as part of a comprehensive approach that includes monitored urine screens and close management of pill dispensing, paired with proven counseling methods and unique support programs.
- Through CAT’s network, patients have access to a vibrant, active recovery community for continued support after treatment.
- CAT has a rich history of successfully treating addiction since 1970, making it the longest standing addiction treatment center in the region.